- Khu vực: Châu Mỹ
- Quốc gia: Mỹ
- Bậc học: Đại học, Sau đại học
- Học bổng: Học bổng bán phần
- Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 01/04/2017
Bậc học: Đại học, Sau đại học
Ngành học: Các ngành học tại trường
Scholarship Award: UWest anticipates awarding a large number of Lotus Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. The Scholarship awards up to $5,000 or up to $10,000 annually to each successful applicant to apply toward his or her tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, and other expenses required for attendance at UWest
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The Scholarship is available to new students seeking either bachelor’s degrees or master’s degrees at UWest. Doctoral degree students, ESL students, or students seeking certificates only are not eligible for this scholarship.
Previous recipients of the Scholarship who meet the maintaining requirements (see Maintaining Scholarship section below) are also eligible to reapply.
- Minimum GPA:
|Lotus Gold Scholarship (up to $10,000):||3.0||3.25|
|Lotus Silver Scholarship(up to $5,000):||2.75||3.0|
- Financial Need:
A student’s financial need may be taken into consideration during the applicant review process.
- Domestic students: Domestic applicants will be required to submit an FAFSA application or provide a copy of their, or their parent(s)’/guardian(s)’, most recently available tax return as part of the Lotus Scholarship application. An applicant may opt to make a statement of financial hardship in a separate letter as part of the Lotus Scholarship application. Other documents the university may request are copies of relevant tax returns or other taxation records, letters establishing a student’s status for receiving public benefits, or other similar documentation. All financial documentation will be held in strict confidence.
- International students: International applicants must submit aUWest International Student Supplemental Application for Financial Aid. Students may be asked to provide financial documentation in addition to their, or their sponsor’s, finances as reported to SEVIS during the visa application process.
- International students must meet the minimum UWest admission requirements for English proficiency.
- To qualify for the Scholarship a student must be enrolled full-time at UWest. Full-time enrollment for undergraduate students is defined as registering for, and successfully completing, a minimum of 12 units each semester (24 units per academic year). Full-time enrollment for graduate students is defined as registering for, and successfully completing, a minimum of 9 units each semester (18 units per academic year). Students must be pre-registered at the full-time credit level before the Scholarship funds can be made available to them. Exceptions to this full-time enrollment rule may be made through an appeal process for students who are in their final semester or who encounter extenuating circumstances. Non-full-time students will receive a prorated amount of the Scholarship based on the actual number of units for which they are registered.
Nationality: Both domestic and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The Scholarship is available to new students seeking either bachelor’s degrees or master’s degrees at UWest. Doctoral degree students, ESL students, or students seeking certificates only are not eligible for this scholarship.
English language Requirements: International students must meet the minimum UWest admission requirements for English proficiency. A copy of Official Transcript (in English) of the highest education attained; A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS score report (first-time international applicants only).
How to Apply: The Lotus Scholarship Application must include the following documents:
- Completed and signed UWest Financial Aid Application Form;
- Completed and signed UWest International Student Supplemental Application for Financial Aid(International applicants only);
- A copy of Official Transcript (in English) of the highest education attained;
- A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS scores report (first-time international applicants only);
- Domestic students must submit a completed 2017-18 FAFSA or a copy of their most recently available tax return.
Application Deadline: Priority Deadline (for new applicants): Postmarked on or before February 15, 2017. Every effort will be made to notify students of their scholarship application result by May 1, 2017.
- Secondary Deadline (for both new and returning applicants): Postmarked on or before April 1, 2017. New students will be notified of the scholarship result by June 1, 2017. Returning students will be notified of the scholarship result by June 30, 2017.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials and supporting documents are submitted on time.
Xem thêm thông tin học bổng tại đây