- Khu vực: Châu Âu
- Quốc gia: Quốc gia châu Âu khác
- Bậc học: Cao đẳng, Khác
- Học bổng: Học bổng toàn phần
- Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 01/03/2017
Bậc học: Chương trình nghiên cứu 1 năm
Ngành học: Nhân quyên, Minh bạch chính phủ,...
Study Subject(s): The Foundation’s core areas of concern are human rights, government transparency, access to information, access to justice, the promotion of civil society and social inclusion. Project themes should cut across these areas of interest.
Scholarship Award: It includes
- One year fellows will receive a stipend of $80,000 or $100,000, depending on work experience, seniority, and current income. Stipends will be prorated for shorter term fellows. The stipend does not necessarily equal the applicant’s current salary. In certain cases, fellows will receive additional financial support to enable them to meet the residency expectation.
- In most cases, the program will advise fellows on ways to communicate their work to a broader audience and influence current debates. Staff also work to integrate fellows into the networks of individual and organisational partners and grantees.
- In addition to the stipend, fellows will receive a project budget. That budget may include expenses such as travel (including airfare and hotel), visa costs, part-time research assistance, conference fees and health insurance. Fellowship expenses should not include operational or programmatic costs, such as employees and physical infrastructure. The purpose of the fellowship is to support individual fellows; therefore, the program will only cover individual expenses. The fellowship does not fund enrollment for
- The fellowship does not fund enrollment for a degree or non-degree study at academic institutions, including dissertation research. Please note that under federal tax rules applicable to U.S. private foundations, the Open Society Foundations cannot support lobbying activities. Projects that include lobbying activities will not be funded. A small number of full proposals will be selected as finalists. These finalists are considered by an outside selection committee, which meets twice a year. The fellowship program considers applications subject to funding availability
- Please note that under federal tax rules applicable to U.S. private foundations, the Open Society Foundations cannot support lobbying activities. Projects that include lobbying activities will not be funded.
- A small number of full proposals will be selected as finalists. These finalists are considered by an outside selection committee, which meets twice a year. The fellowship program considers applications subject to funding availability.
- The fellowship program considers applications subject to funding availability.
Scholarship can be taken in Fellows who wish to work on their project in a country in which they do not have citizenship must satisfy and comply with applicable visa requirements.
Eligibility: The Open Society Fellowship accepts proposals from anywhere in the world. Applicants should possess a deep understanding of their chosen subject and a track record of professional accomplishment. The Past and current fellows have included journalists, activists, academics, and practitioners in a variety of fields. Successful applicants will be eager to exploit the many resources offered by the Open Society Foundations and be prepared to engage constructively with our global network. Ideal fellows are specialists who can see beyond the parochialisms of their field and possess the tenacity to complete a project of exceptional merit. Proficiency in spoken English is required.
Nationality: This Open Society fellowship considers applicants from all parts of the world.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of the major themes embedded within the statement for which they wish to apply and be willing to serve in a cohort of fellows with diverse occupational, geographic, and ideological profiles.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit a one- to two-page, single-spaced letter of inquiry that outlines the topic of the project, proposed work product, and relevance to the statements above. A CV should accompany the letter of inquiry. Letters of inquiry will be reviewed within five weeks. Applications showing promise will be invited to submit a full proposal.
Hạn nộp hồ sơ: 01/3/2017
Xem thêm thông tin học bổng tại đây