Chương trình học bổng chính phủ Hàn Quốc (KGSP) cho bậc cử nhân cho sinh viên quốc tế nhằm tạo chơ hội cho sinh viên có điều kiện tham gia chương trình đại học tại Hàn Quốc.
Bậc học: Đại học
Ngành học: Khoa học tự nhiên, Kỹ thuật
Scholarship Award: Scholarship Benefits
- Airplane Ticket or Airfare: The scholarship covers an economy class flight with the shortest route between a scholar’s country and Korea. A one-way ticket to Korea will be offered to each scholar at the beginning of the scholarship program; another one-way ticket from Korea will be offered for those who complete their studies under the scholarship program.
- Monthly Stipend: 800,000 KRW per month
- Tuition: The tuition fee up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED. In case the tuition is higher than 5 million KRW, the exceeding amount is covered by the host university. The university entrance fee is covered by the host university.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW upon completion of studies
- Korean Language Training: The full cost for the 1 year is covered by NIIED and the language institution.
- Medical Insurance: Scholars are covered by health insurance for major accidents and illnesses during their scholarship period.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: Scholars with level 5 or 6 on TOPIK will receive 100,000 KRW won per month during the degree program.
Scholarship can be taken at Korea
Eligibility: Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
(1) Citizen: An applicant and his or her parents must be citizens of the country where this scholarship is offered. Neither the applicant nor the parents should hold the Korean citizenship.
(2) Age:An applicant must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2017 (Should be born after March, 1, 1992).
(3) Health: An applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally.
- Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply.
- Those with severe illness are not eligible to apply.
(4)Level of education: An applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate from a high school as of March 1, 2017
- Those who have already achieved a Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have graduated or are expected to graduate from a high school in Korea are not eligible to apply.
(5) Grades: An applicant must either have the cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.) of 80% (out of 100%), or be ranked within the top 20% throughout the entire high school period.
- G.P.A. should be 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0 or higher
- If an applicant’s high school has an evaluation system different from the above scales, see 7-(2).
(6) An applicant should never have been awarded with any scholarship programs from Korea for an undergraduate degree program.
(7) An applicant must have no limitations in travelling abroad
(8) Applicants who have proficiency in the Korean or English language will be given preference.
(9) Descendants of the Korean War veterans will be given preference.
(10) An applicant is restricted to apply either for the Embassy Track or for the Regional University Track. Applicants who apply for both tracks will be automatically disqualified and their applications will be eliminated.
Nationality: Total Number of Scholars to Be Selected: 79 [from 63 countries]: Afghanistan, El Salvador, Mexico, Singapore, Angola, Ethiopia, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, Azerbaijan, Gabon, Mozambique, Sweden, Bangladesh, Ghana, Myanmar, Tajikistan, Bolivia, Guatemala, Nepal, Tanzania, Brazil, India, Nigeria, Thailand, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Pakistan, Timor-Este, Bhutan, Iran, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Cambodia, Iraq, Paraguay, Turkey, Chile, Japan, Peru, Turkmenistan, Colombia, Jordan, Philippines, Uganda, Congo(DRC), Kazakhstan, Poland, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, Kenya, Russia, Uruguay, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, Rwanda, Uzbekistan, Egypt, Laos, Senegal, Venezuela, Malaysia, Sudan and Vietnam.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: An applicant must either have the cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.) of 80% (out of 100%), or be ranked within the top 20% throughout the entire high school period.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants with certified scores on their proficiency in Korean or in English might be given preference. Some examples include the following: – Proficiency in Korean: TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) – Proficiency in English: TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS Academic.
How to Apply: Submission of required documents, applicants should contact the appropriate Korean Embassy (or Korean Education Center) in the country of applicant’s origin (or in the neighboring country) or the designated regional university, the organization in charge of the 1st round of selection. To be selected as a KGSP grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean embassies of his or her origin. So to apply for the program, please contact the 1st selection organizations to get detailed information on the 1st selection process such as application deadline and required documents, etc.
Required Documents: 1 set of the original documents below, and 3 sets of the photocopies of the original
- Completed Application Form (Form 1)
- NIIED Pledge (Form 2)
- Personal Statement (Form 3)
- Study Plan (Form 4)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Form 5)
- Must be from two separate recommenders.
- The letters must be written by someone who can give in-depth assessment on the applicant’s abilities, including a high school teacher, principal, or academic advisor.
- Completed Self Medical Assessment (Form 6)
- Graduation Certificate of High School
- Those who are expected to graduate may submit a provisional graduation certificate of high school.
- High School Grade Transcript (including a description of the school’s grading system)
- Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and Parents (Examples: a birth certificate, a government-issued certificate indicating the parent-child relationship, a family register, or parents’passport copies)
- Official Test Results on Korean or English Proficiency (Optional)
- Only TOPIK results will be accepted for the Korean language proficiency.
- Certificate of Health (Form 7, only for candidates who successfully pass the 2nd round of selection)
- The certificate of health must be completed and signed by a doctor.
- Copy of the Applicant’s Passport (only for candidates who successfully pass the 2nd round of selection)
Hạn nộp hồ sơ: Tháng 10 hàng năm
Xem thêm thông tin học bổng tại đây